A History of the Early Development of Perisher Smiggins
by John Davis
A MUST READ for every Perisher / Smiggins skier and beyond
- Wonderfully readable account of the beginnings of the area
- Frank, funny and fabulous recollections
- The real story by the people who were there
- Lovingly documented by John Davis
● 168 pages ● 100 illustrations ● Fully Indexed
There were six club lodges in Perisher Valley when the author John Davis and his wife Pat Davis came in 1956. This was at the start of a skiing explosion.
They provided the first commercial accommodation at the Tow Hut at North Perisher and operated The Big Tow – a rope tow. A lifetime of involvement made them icons of the area.